Ponca State Park
Ponca State Park features some of the most breathtaking views and natural scenes in Dixon County and all of Nebraska. Established in 1934 and located two miles north of Ponca, Nebraska, the park has a lot to offer:
- 20+ miles of hiker/mountain bike trails
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Organized horseback rides
- Boat ramp & 2 miles of Missouri River access
- Woodland wildlife & native plants
- Three-State Scenic Overlook
Ponca State Park is the eastern gateway to a section of the Missouri National Recreational River, and has been designated part of the Lewis and Clark Historical Trail. The park includes educational and meeting facilities. See our separate page on the Missouri National Recreational River Resource and Education Center.
* Many activities are available on a seasonal basis. Additional information, schedules and tickets are available at the park office.